Lesson: This is a life lesson that I hope to instill into my children at an early age. It’s heartbreaking to hear a young person speaking negatively about him or herself. As an educator, I have come across so many students that think and speak negative affirmations about themselves and their lives on a regular basis. They are usually repeating negativity that has been spoken over them by an adult in their life. Not only do we have to teach our children to speak life -giving words to themselves, we also have to speak life giving words to them and about them! The impact is great and long lasting!
I’ve said it before but it’s worth saying again: Our words have power! I can only share what I know first hand to be powerful and effective in my own life. For me personally, speaking the word of God over my family and myself has richly increased the quality of our lives. Connecting your faith to your words is what gives them the most power! You have to believe what you are saying!
Here are a few of the daily affirmations that I try to make sure I say out loud everyday:
- I do not have a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
- I am always a positive encouragement. I edify and build up; I never tear down or destroy with my words or actions.
- I have health today; my husband and my children have health today; I have joy today; my husband and my children have joy today.
- I do not allow the devil to use my spirit and mind as a garbage dump by meditating on negative things that he offers me.
- I am slow to speak, quick to hear and slow to anger.
- I am a giver! It is more blessed to give than to receive. I love to give and I have plenty of money to give away all the time.
- I will think right thoughts, say right words and make the right decisions in every situation I face today.
- My mouth speaks wisdom & my heart is filled with understanding.
- I expect divine appointments today, to run into the right people, and to be delivered from the wrong people.
- Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I receive every promise connected to His sacrifice for me and my sins.
- Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of my husband and my children and they receive every promise connected to His sacrifice for their sins. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! We will love Him with all of our heart, soul and mind AND we will love our neighbors as He commands us to.
- I have a covenant with God and by the blood of Jesus I release my and my family’s divine protection and provision. God will protect us from all hurt, harm, dangers and from violence, accidents and tragedies of all kinds! Any adversity, attack, accidents and tragedies that were headed our way are diverted right now in Jesus’ Name! God will provide for us according to His riches and glory!
- I declare that something good is going to happen to us and through us today in Jesus Holy Name!
Application: Try to come up with a list of daily affirmations for you and your family. Then go the next step and make time to speak those out loud everyday.